Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Sorry for the delay....

Picking up where i left off on Saturday, so the Q got me tix to go see george for christmas. We drove down to Columbus to catch dinner and a beer or two before the show. But it got ugly quick, the second i parked the car i came to the sad realization that my keyless entry decided to crap out on me. Solution...use the key, but if you dont have a key? Leave the car unlocked in downtown columbus for oh 6 or 7 hours, sounds like a good idea to me. So i sucked it up and said screw it, if they want it they can take it....inside praying for a snow storm if someone did steal it( my heat doesnt work....at all). So we went to dinner at the Elevator Brewery and i must say they had some stellar brew and damn good eats if i must say so. But the most amazing thing was the service, we told the server we were in a hurry, i think it took a total of 10 minutes for them to serve the entire course, salads, app, you name it, so kudos for that.

After dinner we walked by my car, i figured a few minutes in a bar would somehow recharge my keyless entry, i was way off on that one, so off to the show we go. Side note, if you have never been to Columbus Civic theatre, give it a try, it's very beautiful. We had great seats, center balcony, right on the aisle to boot. Now i have been a george carlin fan for many years, hence my language, i own all of his books and have seen many of his hbo specials. Georgie walks out on stage with a notebook and some loose sheets of paper. He announces that he is working on new material for his next hbo special, he just turned 70 so he now calls himself an "old fuck". George was his edgy old self, with the exception of him crossing a couple lines during the show i give it 3 3/4 stars out of 5. Those lines that he crossed were not hairlines either, they were more like gorges, but i guess thats his way to stay up with the times. So after the show, i made the not so long dreadful walk back to the taurus, with fingers crossed that it was still there....and sure enough out of the corner of my eye there she was, i was able to tell by the two toned bumper that i had installed almost a year ago. Stay tuned...

4 comments:

Blogger said...

George is a freakin' genius.

See you Saturday on the course!

Spungalo said...

Did you consider the possibility that the keyless might just work to lock the car but fail you again when it came to unlocking the car? Consider yourself lucky.
As for Elevator Brewing, "Been there. bought the Pint glass." I only drank, but it was definitely a place I'd like to go back to and eat. As I remember it was elegant and classy without losing it's pub charm.

Anonymous said...

Kudos to George Carlin, but I like to listen to his act at double speed. We're not all quite yet as old as the old fuck, and we can process information a bit quicker than he cares to admit. I do love him though, but not as much as I love Tom Wopat from The Dukes of Hazzard.

I took Codispoti to the Elevator when he was down a few years back. I can't believe you didn't call, Golden Boy-- I am insulted, but not as insulted as Ray... ever

Blogger said...

We need to hear more from Chad the Pirate.